Friday, June 20, 2014

School days:First ever bunk of my life


Someone rightly said that we should try all sorts of things in our school life else there is not time to go back… so it was our internal examination (2nd sessional) and I was done with my physics exam... next day was the chemistry exams which was the most horrible one for me…. I never understood any part of it… could never imagine which molecule joins with other and why and all able the chemical equations… so organic chemistry was a real mystery for me…and always mugged up the formals but every time I prepare for exams I totally rely on the non-organic (the numerical and non-chemical equation) for better marks. So it was around 11 when I was done with the exams.. People who had their own ways of commuting were allowed to go out and rest were to wait for their school but which comes at 2 PM… I had a lot to cover for exams so I thought I could take some rest in the afternoon and then study… I could not find a reason why I (along with some other people) was not allowed to move home… a crap, non-convincing reason being SCHOOL BUS… Four of us Abhishek, Rahul, Puneet and I decided for a run away… I do not know how I got the guts to do… and my mind was totally in a different level…anyways we headed to the school ground which was surrounded by a 5 feet uniform wall around… As we approached towards the wall we saw out PT teacher taking a round… our image was of innocent guys to he told all of us to go and sit quietly in the class…. We followed his words and move back to the class./. my school’s shape was like 2 squares separated by an aisle with one square as complete playground and the other square had classrooms on the sides with garden in between…so even in rains you could go around school without getting wet… so the front side was where the buses will drop you and you enter the school…this face had the main entrance, the principle room and then a back side of the library from right to left (all from later square).... due to power cuts a generator room was under construction just where the aisle ends on the front side.. now as the wall was almost complete and only bamboos were left used to reach upper portions during construction… so we were marched out of ground so our plan 1 failed terribly… now as we were crossing from the playground to the main section Abhishek noticed the newly constructed wall on the front face (with height around 5 feet)… he stopped there for a while and none of us could imagine what was in his mind…he said “got the way out”. We all said are you kidding… first of all the wall is just finished and it had a very small hole… hardly a diameter of 2 meters... then it is just adjacent to the principle office..and over and above we were in the center and all it lands to the open area and to go home we will pass through the front gate (which was on extreme right) where the peon was sitting… he started moving and we also followed him until we were about 10 feets from the wall…we were in the shade of library so peon sitting on the other corner could not see us… Abhi just went and hit the wall and 4-5 more bricks fell out of the wall on the other side…. I closed my eyes… I heard the thud (though it was not very loud) and it seemed the wall has crippled but then I opened the eyes and there was a hole now enough for us to escape… I could see Abhi running towards the other side and the peon rushing to unlock the main gate to catch him.. as we saw peon running to the right side and we were in the middle we also rushed and in a matter of 5 seconds we all were standing out of the school… now if we move right (the way Abhi went) peon will catch us.. if we move to left then PT teacher will get us as he heard the peon shout but this time.. so we had 2 options either get back to school and tell Abhi has done all this and we were just standing there… or we could run straight in last fourth direction… we had to run and we decided to take the 4th path…. The Straight one… we knew that it lends to the other part but none of us went there anytime… to our surprise it was all an army area.. we tried our best to find the path and in the end we followed a straight road that got us to a main road… we realized that after good 3 hours tiring walk we reached 6 Kilometers further away from our homes.. in totally reverse direction… now three of use were looking at each others face and laughing loud… with thick physics books in our hand… people around must be thinking that we went mad after studying such thick books.. we it was us who knew the reality so to avoid a wait of 1.5 hours we wasted 3 hours and another 1 hour to reach home… I was really tired and had a good sleep…next day we met again in school… I was afraid until Rahul came and notoriously told me that 4 students ran from school yesterday (he was on of them BTW) but no one saw the face of students.. he told that Abhi reached home in time and it is only 3 of us who did some jungle discovery…J..This was relaxing and we were walking again with pumped up chest.. Abhi and all others were already sitting around and as we entered the gang… we again broke into big series of laughter.. J
So this was my first ever bunk from school and it was a real fun.. even today when i remember that instance i get a cute smile on my face...

2 comments:

pdchowdary said...

nice one.. this reminds me lot of school time adventures, jumping hostel wall to see english movie (-!*)and spending whole night in farm land so that we won't get caught by hostel watchman.

Unknown said...

True this reminds us of our school n college days :)
they were real fun...